Tuesday, August 4, 2015

You're A Good Man Charlie Brown: Lucy's Monologue


Lucy: Do you know what I intend? I intend to be queen. When I grow up, I’m going to be the biggest queen there ever was, and I’ll live in a big palace and when I go out in my coach, all the people will wave and I will shout at them, ..and …in the summertime, I’ll go to my summer palace. And I’ll wear my crown, swimming and everything! And all the people will cheer and I will shout at them… What? What do you mean, I can’t be queen? (sharpness, authority) Nobody should be kept from being a queen if she wants to be one. It’s usually just a matter of knowing the right people. (said unsurely, people said childish)…but…if I can’t be queen, then I’ll be very rich and buy myself a-a queendom! Yes. I will buy myself a queendom and then I’ll kick out the old queen and take over the whole operation myself. I will be head queen!

No comments:

Post a Comment